Pages

Friday, June 3, 2011

we have lift off w/ a 10 month old cutie:)


Happy 10 months:)
(hamming it up for her Daddy)
One cute little 10 month old!!

What an awesome 10 months it has been. My sweet girl only has 2 months till the big 1st birthday. Yikes!!!!!! I can't believe how fast time is going. She is more fun then ever and I think I love the next day more then the day before. The biggest news of the month is WE HAVE A CRAWLER:) I waited 9 1/2 months for this special moment and it sure was special. I go to bible study every Wednesday morning and this morning (may 18th) my mother-in-law was running late b/c she had over slept. But I sure am glad she did. I would have missed such a special moment in Skylans life. The best part was I got it on video so I will always know the first day. I know she will have many 1st in her life but this one was pretty amazing. By the time I got to bible study I had been crying and smiling all morning. I was an emotional wreck. In fact I broke out crying in front of all the girls. I just can't Thank and Praise God enough for blessing me w/ such special and healthy baby girl. I am just so proud. And now w/in these past few days she is pulling up on everything and walking w/ her little walker. I am not going to like it but I am pretty sure now things are going to go even faster then before:( Slow down baby girl!



Here one day!!
 The next day pulling up! (6-2-11)
Also this month was my first Mothers Day! What a wonderful and special day this was for me. Being able to hold this child God has blessed me w/ brought a whole new meaning. I also was very emotional for those sweet families that long so desperately for a child. I remember being one of those that kinda hated mothers day. I lost our first child on mothers day 3 years ago so this day was pretty hard for me. Some days I remember thinking I will never be a mother. But now I know now it was just satan telling me lies. Please believe that our God KNOWS the desires of your heart. There is hope in God and only he can give it to you. His promises are true!!
Psalm 37:4 Delights yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires your heart!!

Woke up mother day to a wonderful breakfast, starbucks and a precious card from 2 very special people!!:) Thank you babe!
So let's get into the things this month that in love about Miss Skylan Faith

* her beautiful smile
* when she crawls into my lap:) especially when she is being shy and trying to hide from people..... so cute!
* all the new words she is saying and how much she babbles
* how she lights up when she sees me
*the way she loves her daddy and the way her daddy loves her. It is so special to see him and her. 
*how she loves my singing (no matter how bad it is:)
*love love love when she says Momma

*how much she loves playing w/ other kids. She finds them fascinating
*that she likes going to play in the nursery now..... huge relief
*i know I say it every time but I honestly just love this girls to pieces!!!!!!
This month started off w/ her being sick once again. This whole month she has been running fevers off and on. Going up to almost 102 and then the next day nothing. Not sure what was going  on I called the doctor and they would always look at her ears. They say her ears don't look infected but they also don't look normal. So she has been on antibiotics twice this month. After the 1st day of antibiotics she would always feel sooooo much better so it must have been her ears. My doctor suggest we go see an ENT b/c they ran a little test in the doctors office that said she has some fluid in her ears that they couldn't see. So we are going to the ENT on june 20th. Praying God gives us a good doctor w/ surgery free solutions. Here are some pictures of her throughout the month of her being sick. I think they are so cute!!

 I was trying to get her fever down and keep her happy so this was the only way I knew how to do it!! 
 After only 15 minutes of the pool she was done and just wanted to lay down and watch tv. It was so sad but it was so cute to see her laying on her little pallet. Precious girl!

Those are sick/tired eyes!! Makes me sad!
Every weekend we have had something big going on. My parents coming down, Jack D'Andreas 2nd birthday, and memorial day weekend we went on our first camping trip to proctor lake w/ my family. It got to 111 degrees and had 20 to 30 miles per hour winds but it honestly wasn't bad at all. And I think Skylan did amazing!! We now know we could do it again!  

My sister made this from the camping weekend!
I am going to try and make this month shorter on writing although it's already getting long but a few things are.....
*Sky is doing great on formula. We made the big switch 2 weeks ago and Praise God she did great. On a side note formula is EXPENSIVE!!! 
*Our house is still on the market. Had a lot of lookers and great feedback. We have also been in the top 2 twice but they ended up going w/ the other one due to growing family. But that is OK I have more peace then ever about everything and know it will only happen in Gods timing. 
*I am reading this awesome book called "crazy love" by Francis Chan. Wow it is powerful! I am only on chapter 5 but it has made me really think about the love I have for Christ and where I am in my walk w/ Him. If you need a good, short read for the summer please check it out.
Now w/ pictures from this month!

 She loves to get out all her books
 This one just makes me laugh:) She had a mashed frozen mango and it got stuck to the roof of her mouth and was so cold and she didn't know how to get it out! Of course I helped her but I had to take a picture first!
 I never post pictures of Reeces anymore but she got stuck under our deck so I had to fish her out w/ food. I looked forever for her and she never made a sound!
 Look at all that drool!
 waking up to this girl is priceless:)
 Her friend/boyfriend Owen sure likes to love on her

 Papaw feeding her in the front yard
 She is getting so fast and she LOVES the dog bowls

 first time eating spagette noodles

 Her and Sophia hanging out!

Ok ok I am done!! May was a wonderful and big month for the Johnsons and can't wait to see what God has planned the month of June:)

3 comments:

  1. She is so cute! It is so fun to see her grow. I can't believe we have little ones only two weeks apart. Did you camp in a tent or RV? I can't wait to take Alex camping. I think he will have a blast. He loves being outside. We may have to switch to formula as well. My supply is dropping :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I forgot to mention that the Target up & up brand formula is supposed to be really good and about half the cost.

    ReplyDelete
  3. she is just SO SWEET!!! what an angel. crazy love is AMAZING. that book changed my Walk. seriously. -lissa

    ReplyDelete