Pages

Thursday, June 3, 2010

30 weeks

Praise God for this beautiful gift of making it to 30 weeks! God is soooo good! It's seems so surreal! I have been doing a lot of laundry these last few days. Justin was wandering when I was going to start b/c she has got so many clothes, blankets, towels and goodies I needed to wash. In fact I still haven't hung up anything b/c it took 2 days to wash everything she has. I feel so incredibly blessed b/c this baby girl will be in these out fits in less than 10 weeks. It's crazy!! Justin was helping me fold clothes and he was so cute loving and aaaahhhhhing over every outfit. Oh I am so excited I can hardly contain myself some days. I can't wait to be loving all over her!!!!!! Here are some of the loads of laundry I have done so far!

This past week has been extremely emotional w/ finding out that I do have gestational diabetes. Last Thursday (May 27th) I had my 3 hr glucose test and my best friend Kat came up and walked w/ me in between every blood drawn. I would have probably gone crazy if she wouldn't have been w/ me b/c I wanted to pass out and throw up all at the same time. She threw up at her 1st test and had to try again the next day so I was doing my best to keep it down. One of my other greatest friends Amy Smith is a dietitian and I had started the diet of a diabetic on Monday May 24th so I thought that would help w/ my results. But unfortunately it didn't. Amy is a brilliant teacher and showed me so much to help me out and show me what to eat and has me on a great plan but it's still very hard for me b/c being 7 months pregnant and I have to watch every single thing I put in my mouth plus i get to start working out. What...... that is so crazy:( I have started walking every night but last night braxton hicks got the best of me.  In fact if you come to my house I have 4 different kinds of M&M's on my counter. I love candy so much!!!!!!!!! I actually take the girls at my OB's office cookies almost every time I go so I am known as the cookie lady so when they found out I had gestational diabetes they were really sad b/c I said no more cookies girls! My husband has been wonderful!!!! He said he is in this w/ me bite for bite and has been so loving and sympathetic. But he has already lost over 5 pounds b/c it is a very strict diet. Trust me I have gained them!!! I now will be going to the doctor every week. Next week she wants me to take my blood sugar levels 4 times a day and show her how they are next friday (June 11th). Then the next week I will go every week for an ultra sound till the end of the pregnacy. When you have gestational diabetes they have to watch the baby very close b/c they will be rather large babies. I am so blessed to have such a great doctor that is going to monitor me so closely. Plus I get to see my little girl every week. I have to look on the bright side b/c that is what is keeping me going.
Memorial day weekend we always spend it w/ my family out at Lake proctor but this year I was just not up for a 10 hour car ride over the weekend. I missed my family dearly but was so happy to spend time w/ my man and relax. Justin and I took a swim at my in-laws house on saturday and monday which was so relaxing and felt great on my body. Saturday we had a little guest swimming w/ us and all my husband said was "OH NO....... don't move!!!" I looked over and saw a snake and you have never seen this pregnant girl move so fast in all your life. I ended up jumping a 4 foot wall b/c I wanted out of that pool quickly! I never knew I could jump that high especially w/ all this extra weight but guess what adrenaline can make you feel light as a feather.
It was pretty small but any snake at all is no good!!!!
So our dog totally loves her Daddy. She went swimming on the raft and loved it. She has really long hair so she was just looking for a place to cool off! It was very cute!!


Been feeling pretty good lately! Praise God! Not sleeping but about hour and half at the most b/c she is really getting active and I am really light sleeper. But trying to stay in bed a little longer to make up for it. So here are pictures of the last five weeks of this out of control growing belly!! 
26 weeks      5-6-10       My heart grows & so does my belly:)
27 weeks    5-13-10      Can't wait to see those feet that keep kicking me:)
28 weeks       5-20-10       2pds 7oz already! Getting so big!!
29 weeks        5-27-10       You are such a beautiful little girl! I love you!
30 weeks      6-3-10       No more sugar but you're worth it!!

So again I am praising God for getting me to 30 weeks! He has gotten me through so much already and know he will get me through the next 10 weeks. We serve a faithful God and although I need constant reminders of that HE IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE IN CONTROL!! 

My friend Jillian reminded me of this scripture and wanted to share

Philippians 4:12-13 I know what it is to be in need and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through Him who gives me strength!



Love and Blessings to all!!!!

2 comments:

  1. i am so sorry your results came back that way. i'm telling you, though, it would be a blessing in disguise for me because it would force me to eat healthier. plus, now you get to see skylan once a week! and, you'll probably have her earlier (seems like most gd women do). so, i am just trying to look on the bright side of things! but, i'm still sorry you have to deal with it. i have already been praying for you as you prepare to get through the next 10 weeks (or less!). and that is not a small snake...that sucker is big and disgusting!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Lissa. I'm sorry your results came back saying you have GD, but you have a wonderful attitude and of course God will get you through anything! I also agree that that is no small snake! I would have been running like crazy too. Maybe once our little ones are here we can have a play date. I don't think we live that far from each other.

    ReplyDelete