Pages

Thursday, July 1, 2010

34 weeks:)

Praise God for 34 weeks! But it's been a rough week! Full of ups and downs. Last thursday a wonderful friend Lissa gave birth to a beautiful baby girl named Mailey James. It is her 3rd little girl and she is a beauty. She makes me want 3 girls so bad. Also my friend Amy since I have known since birth gave birth on saturday to a beautiful baby girl named Emily Joann. I got to hold her when she was only a few hours old and it was wonderful holding a newborn. It makes me so ready to hold Miss Skylan Faith. Justin held her too and it was a beautiful thing. He always gets very nervous holding a baby but he is going to be the best Daddy ever!
Emily and I! Isn't she just a doll!
Emily, Nathan (big brother), Amy and I


I got to spend the weekend w/ my family this past weekend and see my Grandfather for the last time. He passed away this week Tuesday June 29th at 11:20 p.m. I was extremely glad I got to see him before the Lord took him. He even had a few funny things to say here and there. Also a few cute little winks. Please pray for my Grandmother b/c she will be the one who will hurt the most. They were married for over 50 years. I can't imagine what she is going through but we do Praise God for the years we had w/ him. Like I had said in the last post he did put up an amazing battle w/ cancer but the good Lord wanted him more. 
This is a picture of all of us last July at our family reunion!
Psalm 116:15 Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of His saints.


We came home on sunday and were about halfway home when Justins truck broke down. Oh me oh my!! It was 100 degrees and I am almost 8 months pregnant!! And on top of that we have my 2 cousins who are 13 and 11 w/ us b/c we are bringing them back home. They live really close to us. These girls were in such good spirits and good sports. We finally made it to a wal-mart but one problem..... they won't let dogs in wal-mart and we had Reeces w/ us. It was awful b/c we had to sit outside w/ her and we couldn't just leave her in the blazing heat of the truck. My brilliant husband figured out the problem (the alternator is bad) and we might be able to make it home on 2 new batteries. But we weren't sure. But one thing we did know was we couldn't use the radio or air conditioner or anything that might run down the battery. HOLY COW PEOPLE IT WAS HOT! Even when you are doing 70 miles per hour down the highway I was steaming. Sweat was all over this pregnant girls belly and underarms. Kinda gross but it was HOT!!! We made it home PRAISE GOD!! Even had a great neighbor when we got home help replace the alternator. Praise God for such great friend!! 

Sleeping has not been going so well this week. I can't get comfortable. Weird things hurt and baby girl seems to always be active or have hiccups. Skylan seems to be getting in really funky positions and it doesn't feel real good when she does. Funky ones like this..... she is quit the mess:)


Circulation has been awful to my legs as well so I flip flop back and forth all night. Not trying to complain just really feeling 34 weeks pregnant lately! 


Today thursday I went to the doctor. Expecting to get an ultrasound and see my baby girl. I was extremely anxious to see her b/c it has been 2 weeks and I just miss seeing her sweet face. But I didn't get one:( They didn't have me down (when they should have b/c of my gestational diabetes) so I was already extremely emotional and it just made it worse. B/c we were traveling a little over 5 hours away this weekend the doctor wanted to check to make sure I haven't started dialating just in case. She told me my cervix is nice and closed so I was free to travel. I am very glad I get to be w/ my family at this time but not ready for another car ride. So lets just say I am ready for a new week next week b/c on Monday july 5th morning I get to see baby girl at 8:40 for my ultrasound!! yeah:) I can't wait to see that sweet face of hers! I get so excited!!!! 
So we are headed out of town again today which prolongs getting her room finished and putting pictures up but we are hoping for the next few weekends to do some work and get some things done to prepare for baby girl! 
I pray everyone has a wonderful July 4th weekend!!! 
Love and Blessings to ALL!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. that is so cool you caught the weird shape of your belly! how hilarious! i am sooooo sorry about the truck. i can't believe that! wow, talk about a lesson in patience! LOL. and endurance! LOL. emily is just gorgeous!!! what a great picture of you with her. i am so sorry about your grandpa, doylina. hang in there! you are so close!

    ReplyDelete