Pages

Thursday, July 15, 2010

36 weeks

Praise God only 4 more weeks!!! Wow what change can come in only a week! Lets start out w/ the bad:( NO SLEEP and when I say no sleep I literally mean no sleep. My body is fighting it constantly. It's like a battle every night. Very weird aches and pains that I have never had before. My belly even feels like it's ripping. Also getting up from off the ground, getting out of the bathtub and bed is such a challenge. Also shaving my legs is like a full workout. I am out of breathe by the time I get out of the shower.  How do people love this part?? It's crazy!! Yoikes this is going to be a long 4 weeks but I know w/ Gods help I CAN DO THIS! 
This past weekend I had a wonderful shower thrown by my sister and mother in laws. It was so cool b/c I had no idea but they had told all the guest to bring Skylan books. It was precious to see all these book that we get to read to her in just a few short weeks. I think I may even start reading some to her so she gets use to me reading to her. One of the sweetest books she got was from a friend Sharon who custom made her a book w/ her name on every page. I cried b/c I haven't seen a lot of things w/ her name on them and reality set in a little more when I saw her name. Even my husband got very emotional seeing his little girls name on every page. Such a special gift! Thank you to everyone who helped and showed up b/c it was such a special day for me and baby Skylan! I love each of you! 
Here are some pictures of the shower:)
The table of goodies!! My family is the best cooks EVER!! 
Julie, Kathy, Riley and Jen:) my wonderful sister in laws and mother in law plus my cutie pie Niece!
Kat and I:)
Cathy made Skylan this beautiful quilt! It is even more beautiful in person!

Wonderful friends Stephanie, Lisa, Donya and Cathy

More friends! Nancy, Sharon and Jeri
Shanna, Jennifer and Kim;) love you girls!

Such a wonderful shower and goodies! Again THANK YOU EVERYONE!! 

We went to the doctor on Tuesday to see our sweet little girl! It was awesome! The tech that  we have had since we 1st saw our little girl over 30 weeks ago was there. She is such a special person to us and we feel blessed to have her enjoy doing our ultrasounds as much as we do. She always lets us watch her do so many wonderful things and tricks in my belly. Plus we look at her sweet little face forever. I love looking at her puffy lips b/c that is what shows up the most. I can't wait to kiss all over those lips! We were a little worried last week her belly was measuring 2 weeks under but again the doctor wasn't worried but as 1st time parents we were a little worried. Well Praise God for answered prayers b/c she is doing great. She weighed 5 pds 7 oz and is growing perfectly! Things measured much better so we will just continue to pray to keep her safe and growing.  Before I saw the doctor I told Justin wouldn't it be fun if I was dilated. Just so I could say that my body is making progress...... but he reassured me to not get my hopes up. But to our surprise I am dilated to a 1 and 50% effaced:) I was so excited! I know it's not much and I could possibly stay this say the whole time but it's still so fun to say I am dilated. I am not getting my hopes up each week but everything is getting more EXCITING!! I get to see baby girl once again on tuesday b/c I think it will be her final ultrasound but we love it every time. Thank you all for your prayer for Skylan and please continue to pray for a healthy baby girl and now delivery:) 
Also HER ROOM IS DONE!!! OMG is looks amazing!! I promise I will post pictures next week b/c we finally just got done last night. Thank you to my wonderful mother in law and husband for all the work you have done for her room. I LOVE YOU SO VERY VERY MUCH!! 
LOVE AND BLESSINGS TO ALL!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm getting to that point you described of aches and pains! NO fun! You've been so positive though that I remember even in your 1st tri you'd smile through the sickness.
    Take care these last moments of pregnancy!
    luv,
    Candice

    ReplyDelete