Pages

Monday, October 11, 2010

My beautiful 2 month old

This month has truly been amazing! I love miss Skylan more and more everyday!! I love the way she smiles at me and talks (goooos) at me. I never knew it could be this good. To me the new born stage was great but man it was hard. Being sleep deprived was the hardest. I felt like I was going a little crazy b/c I didn't know what to expect. But things are looking up:) As I watch this little angel sleep on the monitor I sit in awe of God. How could i be so blessed to have such a precious little girl?? I don't deserve this and yet I am so incredibly grateful for this gift. She makes me giddy in the middle of the night when we feed her. I get so excited/a little tired when I wake up to her cries. Oh and by the way she is a wonderful sleeper!! She does not like to be rocked or held to fall asleep...... she wants you to put her in bed and not bother her. It's so funny!! It's a wonderful feeling to have such a precious little girl. I really could go on and on.......
So I seriously can't believe she is 2 months. Everyone said it would go by extremely fast and it did!! I am trying to cherish every moment I have w/ her. In fact I cherish it so much that I have decided not to go back to work. Which was an extremely hard decision! Everyone of my clients said I would do that but I thought I would be different. I thought I would be able to work from the house and have her playing or chillin in the swing. Boy was I wrong!! She is a handful! Not in a bad way but babies just take a lot of attention. It was truly one of the hardest decisions I have ever had to make. B/c I love my clients just like my family. They have talked and prayed for this little girl w/ me for so long. They already loved her as much as I did and I am so grateful for each of their friendships and love. I have cried a lot b/c I feel like I am letting them down but every single time Skylan smiles at me I feel like I am doing exactly what I am suppose to do. I love each of you wonderful ladies and hope to see each of you really soon. Thank you for being so loving and understanding!
Another big thing in our lives going on is that we are putting our house on the market!! Scary scary!! We are just seeing what happens and to see if we get what we want for it. We are continually praying about it b/c we are not sure what we are suppose to but we are trusting God to guide us. We just realized 1st we need a bigger house and 2nd we need a bigger backyard for our little girl and dog to run around in. We have been looking around and we haven't found "the one" yet but we will just see what our house does and go from there. We will only be a little north of where we live now so Justin will be closer to work. If we don't get what we are asking for the house then we know for now we are suppose to stay here b/c we are in no big hurry to move. We will see:)
Still trying to breast feed!! Man oh man it is still challenging. Sometimes she will try to latch on and other times she is just to lazy or mad. I am still pumping everyday and getting 42-48 oz a day. Keep in mind she is only eating 20-24 oz a day. I am a milk machine. We had to buy an extra deep freezer just for my supply. So now we have 3 freezers. NO JOKE!!! I only pump 4 times a day which is nice but I would kinda like to slow down my milk supply b/c pretty soon I will be able to feed a whole village of babies. I feel very very blessed I am able to produce so much but would like to slow everything down a little. Not sure how to do that! 
Sorry I have not been good about blogging but like I said earlier she is a handful and I devote most of my attention to her. Except for posting a picture of her from time to time on facebook:) I could post one everyday but I don't want people getting sick of her:)
Here are some pictures of our beautiful little girl!! Enjoy!
 My girl in red
 2 months old:)
 Wooohhhoo Mom this is a little unsturdy 
I love the ones where she is crying!! Sweetheart!


 It was a big bow kind of day:)
 Going out w/ Mommy and Daddy
Laughing at Mommy!
The shirt says it all:)
 Oh I got 8 inches cut off my hair!! I really like it! I was sick of all the throw up in my hair!

My favorite picture of her yet!! BEAUTIFUL ANGEL!!!


All I can say is to God be ALL THE GLORY!! I am unbelievably blessed and loving the gift of being a Mom.  

1 comment:

  1. she is absolutely beautiful! praying for peace about your decision! you know everyone understands! love ya! and good luck about the house, too. it will all work out according to his plan.

    ReplyDelete