Pages

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Already 3 months....

My beautiful happy girl!!!


Ahhhh my baby girl is already 3 months old! The month started off a little rough and has ended so wonderfully. My baby girl got her 1st icky virus:( It was awful! She only got up to 101 but that was all i could handle. You could tell every time we picked her up or moved her she just screamed w/ pain. I know how I get when I have a fever and I just want to be left alone so finally broke down and gave the baby girl some tylenol. You could tell exactly an hour later she felt so much better. She ended up getting the virus called roseola. She only had 2 or 3 days of fever then the rash started. It wasn't too bad but I wasn't about to take her in public b/c she looked a little scary. Thank goodness for my friend who had a little girl going through the same thing so I knew what to expect. It really helped! But something no one told me was that you hurt as much as they do. I cried all day b/c of how bad I could tell she felt. My heart kept breaking b/c I wanted to take her pain away. She hasn't slept in our room since she was 1 month but that night I set up her pack and play and she slept in our room. I remember why I moved her out b/c I was up all night w/ every move or grunt. Plus I was worried she was hurting! I am glad we had the experience b/c now I know what to expect. But I don't want it again!!! 
Something great came out of that weekend! My baby girl finally latched on!!!:) My heart just wants to explode w/ joy b/c I can finally say that. Something about her being sick just made her I guess want to nurse and gave her comfort. I don't care what it was just sooooo happy it happened. I always heard how awesome it was and the bond is wonderful and......... they were right. I know it's not for every women but I truly wanted it and thank goodness I never gave up. Thank you Lord for teaching me endurance and patience over those 10 weeks. But one big problem is I am way way way over producing still!! Yall have no clue how much milk I produce. IT IS CRAZY!!!!!! I know I have said that before but goodness it's just ridiculous!! And now b/c my amazing, wonderful and perfect daughter wants to sleep till 6 or 7 in the morning I wake up engorged. In the morning I give her a bottle b/c she doesn't give me enough relief quickly so I feed her the bottle then she goes back to sleep till about 9ish. Did I mention she is amazing, wonderful and perfect:) So I pump 20 oz in the morning! Seriously ridiculous!! So every other feeding I will nurse her b/c I am not sure how much she is getting from me plus she still has reflux so we are adding rice to my breast milk to make it a little heavier in her tummy. The reflux seems to be getting a little better but she is still taking 2 different kinds of medicine. We will hopefully be weening her off of the medicine in a couple months. 
Here are pictures of our 2 freezers full of breastmilk:

There is even more now!!!

Things have been ever changing w/ Skylan! She is more beautiful than ever! Every day I can find something more amazing about her:
* I love those chubby cheeks and her lips are just adorable
*I love the way she looks at me and (i think) she knows it's me. 
*I love how she follows me across the room. 
*I love her beautiful smiles
*I love that she wants to talk so bad but can't quit get anything out just yet
*I love the way she plays w/ her Daddy
*Oh and I love love love her beautiful Daddy:) He is so amazing w/ her! They both just melt my heart!! 
Man oh man something she hates is tummy time! I wish I would have started her earlier laying on her tummy. The doctor says I need to be doing it for 5 minute increments but we usually don't make it that long b/c she gets so upset. I know it's very good for her but it just breaks my heart to hear her cry! Next time around I will remember to start earlier w/ tummy time.  
Halloween was awesome!!!!! Before halloween ever began we decided to have a photo shoot w/ Skylan b/c she had so many outfits. All I can say was I waited a long time for this baby girl so I went a little crazy w/ all her outfits. Girls are so much fun!! I know I would have fun w/ a boy too but I just love little girl outfits. We had a great time w/ trick or treating on saturday w/ family and sunday we handed out candy w/ our friends. I think next year will be even more fun b/c she will be able to walk from house to house but I know she will keep me on my toes and very busy next year.  So now I will leave you w/ pictures of the most beautiful little girl IN THE WORLD!!!! 
 At our church we had a pumpkin patch and met up w/ our great friends!
 She got really mad really fast! Jack was a trooper!
 Jack was trying to give her a high five to keep her from crying.... it didn't work! He is such a sweet boy!

 Our wonderful friend Kristyn came down for the weekend! Friends since high school! Love these girls and guy:)
 My nieces and my girl!! 
 Can't get enough of this face!
My beautiful Momma and I

 Isn't she perfect????
 My punkin!
 Do these stripes make me look fat:)

 My sleeping ladybug!


Happy 3 months old my sweet and beautiful Skylan!!
I love you more than words!!

2 comments:

  1. ahhhhhhhhh LIQUID GOLD!! lol lol. wow, i'm speechless about the latching on! what an awesome testimonty of how god will see you through and answer prayers!! also, how col is it that someting beautiful can come out of her sickness?! she is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. doylina she is beyond precious and pretty like her mama!

    ReplyDelete