Pages

Friday, December 3, 2010

One year ago today......

One year ago today I was preparing for a surgery that would never happen:)
December 3rd last year I woke up pretty relaxed. It was only the kinda of peace that God could give a person. I was really trusting Him.  My surgery was for my double uterus and we were going to find out how severe it was and what was next so that we could finally get pregnant. After almost 2 years of trying w/ fertility and on our own we were hoping for some answers. As I got in shower I heard my phone ring but didn't think anything of it, so i just let it keep ringing. When I got out I noticed it was my doctor. My surgery was scheduled for 3:00 that afternoon so I was sure that she was calling to cancel b/c she was sick or something. Little did I know that the phone call would change my life!! As I listened to the voicemail I started crying and screaming for JOY:) She said the blood work I had done the day before said I WAS PREGNANT:) I was in shock!!! There was no way this could happen..... right??? But yes I could b/c only our God could do something this amazing!!! Only God!!!! I didn't even finish the voicemail before I called my husband, Mom and sister. Then I took a pregnancy test and screamed b/c it said for the 1st time in 2 years that I was finally pregnant:) If you don't know our journey just read my blog on February 10th of this year:)
This year December 3rd I am celebrating having a 4 month old precious angel!!


 I am seriously the luckiest girl in the world. This precious girl has exceeded my every expectation. I always say I never knew I could love this little girl sooooo very much Yet again God has shown me more than I could have ever imagined!! Lets start off w/ the things I love so much about her:
*Love waking up to her gummy grins every morning
*Love that I say "mama and dada" and she always replies w/ gooooo or gaaa so we are still working on that
*Love when she touches my face trying to figure me out
*Love how much she loves watching Reeces! she finds her very intriguing
*Love tickling her and she isn't sure to laugh or cry just yet
*Love her ever changing eye color (still don't know what color they will be) i think brown
*LOVE LOVE LOVE that my daughter sleeps 12 hours a night and has for a month now:)
*And mostly just love this girl to pieces!!!!!!!!!!!


Ok lets just get right into the niddy griddy and the one thing I don't like......... one thing that I am going super duper crazy and you could lock me up in a looney bin is that my child is SUCKING HER THUMB!!! AHHHHHH! I am screaming that if you haven't noticed:) I can't stop her. I know to most people this wouldn't bother them in fact it may even be cute. But I have some awful memories of me sucking my thumb and my parents trying to get me to stop. I remember them putting hot sauce on my thumb and then me sucking it anyway. I can still taste it..... Yucky!!! I just don't want to have to break her from it b/c you can't take the thumb away. At least w/ the paci you can take it away. I have been shoving the paci down her throat and guess what.... she doesn't want it! I feel that everything I don't want her to like (thumb sucking and tv) she likes and what I want her to like (breastfeeding) she doesn't like it. But thank goodness b/c of her stubborn mommy I didn't give up on the breast feeding part!! So..... me being a crazy Mommy I put those hand mittens on her while she slept so she wouldn't suck her thumb (that is what is says to do online) and guess what...she figured out really quickly how to get those off. Smart little girl! So now I put blankets on her arms while she sleeps but I end up taking them off b/c I am scared for her to sleep w/ blankets. I know I am crazy.... you don't have to tell me. I also know I need to just give it up but if you know me you know I am stubborn stubborn stubborn but I think she might be even more stubborn than me..... uh oh..... we are in trouble. I promise one day I will give up and just let her have the thumb but I am just not ready YET!!  I honestly think my baby girl is teething and that is how everything started w/ the thumb and finger sucking. She slobbers sooooo bad and she is having some cranky days but I can't see any teeth just yet, so who knows. I gave her teething rings and she kinda likes those but every thing she holds goes straight to her mouth. But I will have to say she loves just chewing on her fingers and thumb the most. 
Now here is an adorable picture of her sucking her thumb..... I can't stop it every time b/c its sometimes it is so stinkin' cute!!!


This month has been a very very busy one. We took our 1st road trip to Granbury. My parents were anxiously waiting for the weekend we came down to show off their new grandbaby and Justin and I were equally excited to show off our baby girl as well. The car ride was great but only b/c Nana Johnson bought her a dvd player. I have a dvd player in my car but her car seat is backwards till she is over a year old so we needed one to move and to be portable. Skylan loves tv and of course Mommy didn't want her to like it but OH MY GOODNESS she loves it. Nana Johnson can't believe that a 3 month old has that kind of attention span b/c she will stare for hours. (but of course I don't let her) But for the car ride I let her watch veggie tales and she sure did love it. It made the car ride so much easier. She was adorable watching it! Plus Mommy likes veggie tales too:) The 1st night we were in granbury we went out to Babes (great place to eat) for a girls night w/ 7 of my high school friends. It was wonderful seeing all those girls considering we will be having our 10 year reunion next year. CRAZY!! My wonderful friends range from being single w/ no kids to married and w/ 1, 2 and 3 kids. I couldn't believe how beautiful all of these girls are and how beautiful they have become. I wish I would have taken pictures but I was pretty busy w/ Skylan b/c she wasn't in the best of moods. We ended up going to my parents house after wards and staying up till almost midnight. I have not done that in years. Loved every second of it!!! Love all of you girls! That weekend we also had thanksgiving w/ my mom and dads side of the family and we got to show her off. I Loved seeing my family b/c some of them got to see Skylan for the 1st time. Unfortunately between the hours of 5 and 8 are the hardest for Skylan and that is when most of our stuff was planned so she was a little cranky. But we still loved sharing our sweet little girl!! Here are some pictures from the weekend!

 Sweet girls! They look sooo much a like it's not even funny!
Cousins
 The girls!!
 Family!
One of my friends Amy Sain has a little girl who is about 6 weeks older than Skylan so we decided to have an adorable little photo shoot w/ them b/c I had matching dresses made for them. The other day I was looking at my baby book and what is funny is that I saw that Amy was at the hospital when I was born so we literally have known each other since the day I was born. Our mothers have been friends forever and love them so much!
 Both of them were about to fall over;)
 Emily not happy and Skylan in shock of what was happening!
Much better! Such beautiful girls!!


After we got back I needed a few days to recover b/c we pretty much packed our whole house to go...... and coming back was just exhausting. And then we had thanksgiving w/ my Johnson family. It was a great day full of food and fun pictures. I am so excited to share these pictures but saving some of them for the end of December:) Here are a few!


 My niece Riley loves holding Skylan! Cuties!
 Silly Grandpa!!

Nana w/ her grandbabies!
 Johnson family! Loved my sister in laws boots but I forgot mine! Still cute!
We are ready for Christmas!

Love this time of year and love being w/ family! Now here are some random pictures of this past month that I just wanted to share!! 
This is how I cook sometimes! Ok lets be honest when I rarely cook:) 
My niece Sydney holding Skylan:) 
Not even 4 months...... little smarty pants! Learning how to hold stuff! It's only water and breastmilk for now though!
Shopping at bass pro shop on black friday! 
 Silly boys had this pop up hunting blind set up in our front yard as they brew beer 
This is what my day usually consist of.... Just me and my girl hanging out!! Love her more than words could ever say!!

So excited to celebrate Christmas this year b/c it has a whole new meaning of family now that we have a child. It was so special putting up our christmas tree and when she gets upset we put her in front of it she just stares at the lights. So much more fun having her!! When I sing christmas songs the words seem more emotional and sentimental than ever. Feeling more blessed this year than ever before and couldn't Praise God enough w/ what he has given me. Thank you God for your precious gifts and please please don't ever let me forget the REAL reason we have CHRISTmas!!!
Love and Blessings, 
Doylina

sorry it's so long..... I had a lot to fit in this month!

3 comments:

  1. GREAT pictures. had so much fun seeing you and your miracle. you a wonderful mom! love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the pics. i love that you and your mom and sis dress alike. i will have to get on kristyn and tell her we need to be twinkies! ok and 2nd, that is an amazing story of a surgery that would never happen. 3rd, i like your sisters hair, makes me miss being brunette and makes me miss you doin my hair. hehe
    4th, girl Skylan is PRESH w/ that thumb. Kristyn and I were freaks about our thumbs but our parents didn't do anything and we eventually didn't want to be that kid that sucked their thumb around peers around age 4ish. also my cousin in ohio bribed her daughters and said if they would give up the thumbs they'd each get a kitten. those kittens are now like 9 year old cats! i think its cute when Anderson was suckin his fingers at just minutes old! i love when he sucks his fist, like ooohhh i'm so hungry momma~! he takes a paci better than the girls did. he is just much more oral than they ever were. oh and he will break his neck trying to look at the tv. omg, i'm in trouble b/c i have no problem w/ blues clues babysitting! hahahahaaha how is a mommy to get anything done!!!
    love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is just beautiful! :) I am so very happy for you, girl!!!!! Looks like you guys are doing amazing. Hope you all have a Wonderful and Merry Christmas and a Joyous New Year!! Hugs! Missy

    ReplyDelete