Pages

Monday, January 3, 2011

I have a 5 month old cutie pie:)

So I officially have a 5 month old little angel! Wow this girl still takes me breath away constantly w/ her beauty! To me she looks so grown up now. She is really starting to get big!
Happy 5 months Skylan Faith!!

I think the number 1 thing that makes her seem so big is her 2 teeth. Oh my that was a nightmare coming through! Yoikes! She was waking up during the night, she was fussy all the time and man alive she was chewing on everything. I really didn't think that "my child" would be one to get teeth early. I don't know why.... I just thought that everyone else kids would get teeth early but not mine. Everyone said it could be weeks till they come through when you see them but nope they came in the same week I saw them. It was crazy! I think it is soooooo much harder having a child get teeth so young b/c they are still trying to learn hand/mouth coordination. When they are older they at least know how to get toys in their mouth to keep from their gums hurting so bad. Bottom line it is not a very fun time in a babies life for Mommy or baby. But now we have 2 teeth and it still shocks me everyday. 
Here are some picture of the moment I saw them through the gum till now:
 Dec 17th 2010
 Dec 21st 2010
Jan 3rd 2010


Going right  along......... we have started food. OH man it is funnnnnnn!! I love it! I mean it is a lot more work b/c you don't just nurse or get a bottle ready but it is really cute to see her reactions to everything new. We started out w/ rice and oatmeal and she love them both. But now we have had green beans and carrots. Green beans she is not a big fan of but carrots are pretty good. I can't wait to try even more foods but we are taking it slowly to make sure she doesn't have any allergies. Oh and I am still nursing and only pumping twice a day but it is getting a little annoying and those teeth don't feel so well and she is making me quit sore again. My deep freezer is COMPLETELY full so I know I can make it for quit a few months but I really wanted to make sure she had breast milk for a year so we will see. I may try to make it for another few months but idk. Just taking everything one day at a time. Also I have been making her food for now. I have this awesome thing that steams it and purifies it all in one machine. It is so cool. I hope I can keep it up b/c baby food is really expensive. 
Here are some pictures of this sweet girl eating:
 Daddy given baby girl her 1st bite:) Dec 4th 2010
not to happy at 1st but things got better 


 All better...... she is thinkin man that was good!!
 Such a beautiful proud Daddy!
 Mommy got her turn the next night! 
Still going good!
 1st time trying green beans and she sneezed.... i was laughing so hard and it made her start laughing! Great moment!
Isn't this bib adorable!! Thank you Nicki!
One of my favorite memories that I will never forget is one night Justin was feeding Skylan and she was going num, num, num,num..... cutest noises ever and Justin said "man there is no place I would rather be in the world then right here feeding this precious girl":) It seriously made my heart smile! I have such an amazing husband that adores his little girl! PRICELESS!


Well tummy time is still a no go...... this girl hates being on her stomach! It's so funny! She just lays her head on the ground and stares at me. She will start crying most of the time and then just go limp w/ her face buried in floor. It seriously cracks me up! I don't think she will ever crawl but she does love being her jumpy seat and standing up so who knows she may walk before she crawls. Who knows??:)
Ok now for the things i love about my 5 month old:
*I love feeding her every morning and night she goes "num num num num" cutest thing ever
*I know I mention this every time but I love how she sleeps 12 to 13 hours a night
*No more gummy grins in the morning but gummy top grin and bottom 2 teeth grin! It's precious!!
*I love her beautiful face! I think it gets prettier every day!! Seriously!! 
*She loves bath time every night...... It is so much fun to watch her play! 
*I love the way she talks to herself at 6:00 am every morning and then goes right back to sleep! 
*I love love love her smile
Ok so last time I was stressin out about the whole thumb sucking thing and now there is NO  thumb sucking! Isn't that crazy?? For some reason she just stopped! I think she started b/c her gums were hurting so bad from the 2 teeth coming in and then all the sudden she just stopped one day. I am so happy about it but at the same time I know tomorrow she could start back up again at any moment. But for now we have a happy unstressed Momma! 


This Christmas was extremely special for us. I remember Christmas 2009 being pregnant and scared to death b/c something was going to happen to this sweet baby. I never thought she would actually get here. Last year was all kinda blurry b/c I was living in such fear. I remember every day during the holiday trying to be thankful but at the same time being really scared. But this year was a new year....... It was JOY JOY JOY!! My little girl was actually here to celebrate such a wonderful holiday. The birth of our Savior!! The songs, books and bible stories were so much more special this year b/c of me giving birth this year too. I kept imaging Mary giving birth in such a dirty place. A stable where animals live! Putting Jesus in a manger where animals ate out of!! I mean it's crazy! I washed my hands every five seconds in the hospital and anyone that came to see Skylan was not allowed to touch her before they washed up. It's so funny to see how crazy scared we are of germs! I mean rightfully so............ but just kinda funny if you think about it! What a beautiful time of year it was to spend w/ my family. We were at my parents house the 1st part of Christmas and then went to my in laws for the 2nd half. Such a blessing to have such a wonderful family!! I love them so much!!
My favorite picture of the month w/ my best Christmas gift EVER!
Thanks be to God for His gift that is too wonderful to explain.
1 Corinthians 9:15



Now here are some family photos:
 4 generations youngest to oldest!! 4 1/2 months old to 81 years old!
 Family
Mimi and Papaw w/ their grand kids
 Morgan opening her American girl doll
 Caden getting some fun gun stuff
 Morgan showing Skylan her 1st Christmas present.... a pillow pet!
 She laughing so cute at Caden
 Papaw loves his girls
 Mimi feeding Skylan
 her 1st baby doll
 Aunt Jessica and Skylan

 The girls


 The Cowan family
 Our boys
 being silly
 Skylan and her Aunt Julie
 Skylan w/ her cousins Sydney and Riley
 Such sweet girls feeding skylan
 Nana and Skylan
 My in laws beautiful tree 


Syd and Riley got Rapunzel dolls super cute

Now I leave you w/ this little girls beautiful smile and some of my favorite pictures! Thank you God for this season and for this beautiful child! 


(:**THIS MONTH WAS UNFORGETTABLE!!!**:)


3 comments:

  1. I was so happy to see your beautiful family! I can't believe she is 5 month, she is growing so fast. I will call you soon to get together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is SO BEAUTIFUL. love the christmas pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness she is just precious! I love seeing her little personality through her expressions. Carter and Jack are definitely going to be fighting over her!!

    ReplyDelete