Pages

Friday, March 4, 2011

7 months of joy.....



I have a 7 month old angel! What?? Where has the time gone.... this is crazy. And as one of my girlfriends put it she is closer to becoming 1 then a new born. I think I might cry! Right now things just keep getting better and better w/ this girl. I love all the new and amazing stuff she does. Every time she gets up I still run into her room to see that smile every morning. Even when Justin goes and gets her up in the mornings I have to go right behind him to see that smile. I never knew my heart would literally grow every single day. God is so good!!
I am not sure I am going to write very much this time b/c it has been a really really busy last few weeks and I usually start writing this ahead of time and unfortunately I haven't had a lot of time. Sorry I am praying this is not a habit! I will do my best to stay ahead of the game. 
The beginning of this past month Sky started a lot of new things. Sitting up sooo well. Just one day she figured out how to balance. She is so precious just sitting so cute. Love it!! And finally the girl ROLLED OVER Feb. 8th:) woooohooo! I was so worried b/c they said by 6 months she should be rolling over but not my girl. She just took a little longer:) Now she is so funny b/c she has forgot how to roll over from front to back and only rolls from back to front. I always heard that it was easier to roll from front to back but not for this girl. She is so funny b/c as I have always said SHE HATES HER TUMMY so she just flails her arms and legs and as some people say she does super man:) It cracks me up! So now we are in MAJOR "pretend" therapy for tummy time. The biggest way we get some decent tummy time is to be outside. And Praise God for this beautiful weather so we can be outside. She is getting a little better but again I am working w/ her every single day. Actually yesterday I put her on all 4's and got a pictures.


She stayed this way for about 25 seconds. She is getter so strong and Praising God for that. 
Another fun thing we started this month is fruit:) I held off a little longer so that she might like veggies a little more but either way she has done wonderful. We have done apples and pears! She LOVES them soooo much! We are going to start bananas soon so we will see how it goes. She has now had green beans, peas, carrots, potatoes, sweet potatoes, squash, zucchini, avocados, apples and pears. 
Some things I love about this girl at 7 months:
*still loving the mornings when she wakes up and it sooooo precious
*Love how strong she is getting but don't love how fast she is growing
*Still love feeding her food and how excited she gets w/ new foods
*i love every time she looks in a mirror she has a new reaction and loves watching herself
*Love her nap schedule (she is now down to 2 naps.... 1st nap 30-40 min one in the morning and 2nd nap is an hour and half in the afternoon)
*Love how much her smile is changing..... she is getting 2 new teeth on top so it is really changing!
*still loving how much she loves her Daddy!! Makes my heart want to explode!
*love her never ending smiles;)

Valentines day we so fun this year b/c of how much my love has grown from last year. I never knew how much things would change from last year to this year.

 I woke up and my house had sticky notes all over the house. It was so sweet. They had things like I love you, thank you for everything you do, your the best Mom........ And I don't deserve it at all but I love him so much more for doing something fun for valentines! Even Skylan had a note from Daddy:)

Our baby girl was baptized on Feb 20th. It was such a special time for our family and THANK YOU SOOOOOOOO MUCH to all of our wonderful friends and family who came. Justin and I feel personally for us it was more of a dedication for us as Skylan parents. It was a promise for us to raise our child in a christian home and keep her involved in church. And when she gets older she will make her own choice to except Jesus as her Lord and Savior. Justin and I did really well until the prayer and then it was so touching we had some tears. Again we are praising God for this special little child of God!!! And here are some pictures after her baptism. Enjoy!
Precious girl!!
 Skylan Faith Johnson Feb 20, 2011

 Skylan w/ her cousins Sydney and Riley
 My niece Morgan
 My nephew Caden
 2 cuties

 Skylan w/ both sets of parents
My beautiful family!!!!

This past weekend we went to Austin to visit some great friends. Friday night we stayed w/ my wonderful friend and relative Cari Hash. She is having a baby in May so we had a wonderful baby shower. Thank you again Cari for everything!! Saturday we ate w/ some great friends too. They all went to college w/ Justin and I am so glad my husband got to play golf and go out w/ his friends. Loved our weekend away but we loved getting back home to our own bed!:) I didn't take any pictures so I am really sorry:(
Here are the pictures of our precious little Skylan Faith in February
Her 1st time in a shopping cart! Of course we were out w/ Daddy so we went to Lowes:)


Attack the Duck!!!!!!


She loves to stand
At the end of January Skylan finally got to meet Miss Presley! Cullen and Presley are twins were born in June although they were due in August. They are so sweet and adorable! And Sky loves having new friends!
Swinging friends:) Sophia was born Aug 1st and Sky was born Aug 3rd. in the same hospital. Sophia was leaving the hospital when Sky was about to arrive:) Sophias Mom Jillian and I just love hanging out and love seeing the girls learn to play together. So blessed to have such good friends.


Love this face!! She is perfect!!!!!!!!


Man oh man how she loves her Daddy!!
Beautiful Baby girl!!
Look what i can do......:)
March 1st Sky got her ears pierced!! She looks so precious! Never knew she could get cuter............ but she did!!!!!!!!!!




Love her ears pierced!
This is what I wake up to everyday! Such joy on her face and a TON of lovies! She loves her lovies that Nana Kathy makes her!!! 
I can NEVER EVER say enough of how GREAT our God is!!!!
I love you Skylan Faith and so proud you are ours!!!!



1 comment:

  1. She looks so darn cute in that pink towel. You are the best mom. Skylan is so blessed to have you as her Momma!

    ReplyDelete