Pages

Sunday, April 3, 2011

8 months old and spring has sprung

HAPPY 8 MONTHS
ok so we started here....
then she found the feathers....
yeah fun feathers......
Now laughing at Mommy b/c I was laughing so hard.... LOVE HER!!

This month was GREAT but a little rough. Both Skylan and I have fought sinus and ear infection together.





I wanted to take her to the doctor first to see what was going on w/ her and poor baby had her first ear infection. Then I finally went and found out I had the same thing. I haven't had an ear infection since I was a baby and I have had it twice since having her. yuck!! Skylan is a great sleeper but things have really started changing. It all started w/ the ear infection but I didn't know it was that at first and so I truly thought I had a new born all over again. I would only get about 4 to 5 hours a sleep a night. She just wanted me to hold her and then when she would finally fall asleep about 30 minutes later she was up crying. Now I know my sweet baby girl was in pain:( Ear infections are no fun and have so much more sympathy for Moms who have little ones who get ear infections frequently. We are also dealing w/ all 4 teeth coming in. Man oh man they are taking their sweet little time. Now they have all broke through but they were rough. I feel like my poor baby just couldn't catch a break this month. Some kids don't even have teeth by 8 months but mine has 6.




I'll be totally honest and say I have said a few times this month that Skylan may be my one and only. Not b/c she is so hard but all together being a Mom and wife is so much harder than I thought. I love this little girl more than words and can't imagine my life w/out her but some days are just harder then others. I hope I am not the only Mom that has had these same thoughts. But I will say that things are getting so much better finally!  Ok now lets move on the good stuff:)


Not kidding one bit...... this girl gets more beautiful every single day. Her personality just becomes more amazing. She is loud like her Momma:) She just screams for no reason at all.......ok more like all the time. It makes me laugh but I probably need to stop laughing b/c it just makes her do it more. We have now tried the nursery a few times at the church. The first time was not good at all. She screamed for about 15 minutes and then when I got her she still wouldn't stop crying. It was so sad. I even started crying b/c I just felt like a failure but I know that isn't true. Every child is different and I can't compare my child w/ others. Most of the time I get paged out of church or class :( Now as soon as she sees me she light up like a Christmas tree. It was truly the best feeling in the world to know that I comfort her like no one else. Sometimes she takes my breath away......... seriously!!! We are not giving up on the nursery but it is still really hard.


Ok things I love this month.....
*love how she yells sporadically
*love how easily she adjusted to the time change this month.... Praise God!
*love how she watches every single thing I put in my mouth and wants some of it no matter what it is
*she loves the grocery store and looking at all the wonderful people and colorful stuff in stores
*love how much she loves being outside in this beautiful weather
*love how she lights up when her daddy gets home and how she only wants him to put her to sleep every night
* one of my favorite things is she gives me kisses now.... well sometimes:)
* I love how she loves to mock me when I fake sneeze or cough


So those are just a few of the things I can think of that I love about this sweet baby girl. So this month we have been trying a few new foods. We have now started yogurt (which was so helpful when she was on antibiotics) and all sorts of finger foods. All I can say is this girl LOVES PUFFS:P She is getting so good at putting them in her mouth. I can't believe that in just a few days she knew how to get them in their. I guess it was from watching all the food her Momma puts in her mouth:) Smart little girl! I have loved being able to go to restaurants and just feed her puffs to keep her busy during meal time...... Its the little things in life that can make your life so much more simple:) Whoever invented them is brilliant!!
Ok so I finally quit all this nursing/pumping stuff. I was just exhausted! I got so burnt out in the beginning. I would wake up pump, change her, feed her then clean all the stuff. So I maybe slept an hour in between feeding. And this lasted for 10 weeks!! So I over produced and over pumped like a crazy person. But the advantage that that is I think I will have enough to (still) last her another month. So I pumped enough in the beginning to last 2 whole months. CRAZY!!! I am really scared about transitioning into formula but we will just take it one day at a time.
So another wonderful thing going on is our house in back on the market. We are soooooo ready for a bigger house. This house has been truly amazing but just ready for change. We are so serious about it that we had a stager come in. Wow she was fantastic! She told me what to move, where to move it, she has wonderful ideas and best of all she is my friend. IT COMPLETELY CHANGED OUR HOUSE!! I am screaming this b/c it is crazy what she did in 2 short hours. Stagers only use what you have and I would have never put this w/ that or that w/ this but she made it work and look good. If ANYONE in the Houston area needs to sell your house please please email, text or facebook me and I will give you all the info. Thank you Vicky! www.rforchange.com Also please please pray for comfort and peace about all of this. We are scared for this whole process. Will we ever sell our house? Will we ever find a house? For now I quit looking at houses b/c it is so hard to see something you like but know it may not happen quickly for us. God will provide. He always has. He always will. I say this to myself every single day.... sometimes every hour. God whatever your will is for us Let it be done!
My mother in law kept Sky for the first time away from the house this past week. At 9:00 she came and got her and brought her back by 2:30. I was a nervous wreck. Her Nana keeps her every Wednesday at our house but this was a first for baby girl. Nana said she did great. I cleaned the house the whole time she was gone. It needed to be done w/out interruptions. I text my Justin while she was gone and said it kinda feels like I am missing my right arm. Its really weird. So glad I did it and excited to do it again. I kinda like this "Mommy alone time" stuff. But I was so glad when she got home too;)
So this girl is about to take off. She just can't figure out the hands part. But the feet part she has down really. good. I am getting nervous b/c I know I am going to have to be on my toes all the time. She also learned to roll over in her crib but then she gets stuck in between the rails and she looses it until I come get her. She is a real mess. Some day she will have to learn to sleep on her belly but I will come help her out.......... for now.
silly girl
Well that was a lot writing and I am sure I am boring you so now lets enjoy some pictures of our precious little girl......
 St Pattys day:)

 Mom.... what are you doing??
 Pretty in Pink
 She kinda looks like a Who from Whoville in this picture
 whhhoooohoooo we got an iPad 2
 This weather has been amazing so we had a picnic at the park w/ Daddy! Love those days!!
 Watch the Backyardagians
 On a chillier day we were still outside
This girl loves YoBaby yogurt and she even looks cute wearing it


So now it's 10:30 on Sunday night and I am exhausted from this crazy weekend. Last month I was a day late posting but this month I have an hour and a half left. Cutting it close but I did it!!
  So Here is my precious 8 month old baby girl. And I can never say enough that I Praise God for this beautiful little Angel! Love you so much Skylan Faith!

4 comments:

  1. You are not the only one who finds being a mom and wife hard! I know how you feel about ear infections too. Alex is just getting over his 4th since January! It has been rough. Right now I am just praying they stop so he doesn't have to get tubes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I am obsessed with the feather bows! Paige will be copying your styles!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. she is sooooooooo cute! truly, getting prettier every day!!!!!!! i'm glad she is feeling better. ear infections are rough! i never dealt with those with my first two, but mj has had 7 since november! UGH. good luck with the house! it will all work out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Motherhood is a neverending job, you don't get a lunch break and never get to clock out. But you get paid in sloppy wet kisses. Just wait till they can wrap their arms around your neck and give you a tight hug. Everyone has those frustrating times. I'm still looking for my kids receipt just in case I want to return them. Good luck on the house hunt, just remember your not homeless. Mark and I are thinking about building but it's so much work trying to sell and keep it clean. I might need your friends help. Miss ya, check out my blog I just posted pics of us at Disney www.3stinkyboys.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete